Overview - Augusta Rotary Club
Rotary Official Definition
Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is a non-political and non-religious organization open to all. Founded in 1905.
- Augusta Club chartered in 1929.
- Mailing address: P O Box 4 Augusta, KY 41002
- One of 36 clubs in District 6740, Eastern Kentucky, Zone 30.
- 19 members, 1350 members in District 6740, 34,000 members in Zone 30, 1.4 million members globally
1st and 3rd Mondays of the month, at 6PM.
Note: These dates are shifted around to accommodate our events schedule, of below.
Augusta Pub 120 Main Street Augusta, Ky. 41002
President Tom Burke
Secretary Joel Linville
Treasurer John White
March 5 Rotary Hosts Pancake Breakfast 7AM-11:00AM
June 4 Rotary Burgers at Art in the Garden 10AM - 5PM
July 16-17th Rotary Burgers at Augusta Riverfest 10AM - 5PM
July 24 Augusta Rotary Hosts LIVE Duck Race and Rotary Burgers 12PM - 3PM
September 2-4 Augusta Rotary Hosts Heritage Days and Rotary Burgers 10AM - 5PM
September 24, 25 Rotary Burgers at 3rd Annual Battle of Augusta Anniversary Weekend
December 10 Augusta Rotary Hosts 13th Annual White Christmas Parade 5:30 PM
Dolly Parton Imagination Library https://imaginationlibrary.com/usa/affiliate/KYBRACKEN/
Major club commitment to manage enrollment, fundraising and logistics for this 20+ year on-going project.
Expenses - Charitable
- 2000 for (2) $1000 Augusta Independent School Scholarships
- 1500 for matching District Grant project
- 250 Rotary Polio Fund
- 200 Cops for Kids
- 500 Police Salute program
- 100 Redifest School Supplies
- 35 City Calendar
- ?? Additional, as needed (500 for Ky Tornado relief in 2021)
Expenses - Other
- 2400 Dues for 18 members
- 1200 White Christmas Parade expenses
- 800 PETS, President Elect Training Seminar
- 700 Mowing/mulching/weeding of Rotary Park
- ??? Maintenance of Carillon, School Bell Tower clocks, Main Street clock, Caboose/grounds,
Food Trailer/Grill (may require +$10,000 for repairs)
Augusta Rotary Foundation
This foundation was created in 2015 to enable donations to be tax deductible. It's a 501c3 federal tax classification.
We are able to sponsor the Dolly Parton Imagination Library because of this 501c3 status and were able to get nonprofit mailing rates, as they also require. Any donations for the Imagination Library or to the Club in general are to be made to the Augusta Rotary Foundation, not the Augusta Rotary Club.
The Augusta Rotary Club is a 501c4 which exempts it from Federal taxes.
Our Treasurer has separate checking and savings accounts to keep these two entities totally separate.
Dues are $30/month and includes meals at the meetings and the monthly Rotary magazine, mailed to your home.
- Sustaining Member: $100 annually to the Annual fund. Each member is expected to be a sustaining member.
- Paul Harris Fellow: $1000 total to the Annual fund.
A Paul Harris Fellow certificate and a PH pin are given to recognize this level.
- Paul Harris Member: $1000 annually to annual fund.
Website: augustarotaryky.com/ Webmaster: Tom Burke
Rotary International: my.rotary.org/en Member sign-in with tons of info, training, club specific, etc. Dolly Parton Imagination Library https://imaginationlibrary.com/usa/affiliate/KYBRACKEN/